The post will be a short one today and mostly an update on my rebranding for the series.
My mind has been exploding with the laundry list of things that need to get done before it gets released again. If you're considering a rebranding, here's a list of things you will need to think about.
1. So, I've done research on what's entailed in publishing 2nd editions with new titles and new covers in ebook and print. The good news is, in ebook (Amazon in particular), you can use your same account page that you used for the previous release. You just change the title information and update the cover and interior files.
2. When you update the print versions you will need all new ISBNs. While the ebook version isn't considered a new version, the print is. That means you have to upload new interior and exterior files on Createspace...and for me, Lightning Source. I also independently upload files on Kobo and B&N...and I'll have to do Apple this time around, too. Do I need to tell you how much I'm dreading that.
3. I will also have to do my blog. That means a new header. And uploading to book cover files. Creating a new signature.
4. I will also have to update the Goodreads, LibraryThing, etc, and all the file information on those sites. Especially for the print book versions of the book.
5. I have inventory I need to get rid of, although thankfully not a lot. And then I'll have to replace all of the books in time for my conference in September.
6. It also means all new marketing material. Postcards, bookmarks, etc.
7. I'll have to change all of my social network banners. Ugh.
8. I've also decided that since I'm doing second editions that all of the books are going through re-editing. I'm eliminating all those little things that I said I would've done differently which is cool. It will be the same stories but they should be MUCH tighter and error-free. I have to adjudicate the changes so I've been reading all the books AGAIN. For millionth time. Surprisingly they are still good. I still enjoy the stories. So, I'm happy about that.
(If there is more to do than that, I don't want to think about it right now. LOL I'm exhausted with that much.)
This week is big-- I should be getting the first draft of my new much more THRILLERY cover for Book 1--with the new much more THRILLERY title (yes, thrillery is a word today), which I will divulge along with the cover when they are done. I'm so excited. I'll keep you posted as things move along--joy, pain, and all.
Until Motivation Monday...